Monday, August 17, 2009

Brianna Tribute Video - August 15

Please cut and paste the youtube link (at the end of this update) into your browser bar in order to view a tribute video for Brianna. A 17 year old girl from the U.K. made the video along with hundreds of other videos for DIPG, pediatric cancer, memorials/tributes. Stories that have happy and sad endings, but also shows hope and a desire to build awareness. If you go to www.youtube.com you can type her name in the search box. "lilliesha" and video many more videos. After viewing Brianna's video you can click on the creator's name and go to her other videos.
One in particular sends a strong message about DIPG. It states facts and statistics and also shows numerous angels and each one looks like the other. Cancer kids are not just children with bald heads! Watch the video and know we are desperate to have doctors help find way for children to avoid the negative effects of steriods! I would have taken Brianna with a bald head, just to have any other type of cancer because almost every other pediatric cancer at least gives you better odds.
I remember listening to some other parents stories during a prayer service at the Ronald McDonald House. Listening to the parents say doctors say she has a 95% chance, 50/50, 30% chance.....then they came to me and I said Brianna has a 1 in 10 chance of living past 18 months and survival is not likely...I was there to pray for a miracle! I felt terrible looking at the hand prints on the walls of the Ronald McDonald House, just wishing Brianna could have any other type of cancer listed on the walls. We also tried to keep her from looking at the hands labeled DIPG as they were not going to help Brianna keep the faith.I told doctors to do everything they could to at least give us the 2 years we "might" get...never, ever would I have thought we wouldn't even get a year. I wanted her to ride the bus to middle school with Kaitlyn because they both talked about being excited to go to the same school together again. Plus, Bob and I were looking forward to the three girls all being in school together (Brianna 8th, Haley 7th, Kaitlyn 6th). Haley and Kaitlyn will return to school on Thursday...wi'thout Brianna. Please pray for them to adjust well to returning to school and their normal routines.
I will return to school/work this Monday. I know I will have a very strong support system in place. I hope that work proves to be theraputic and gets me back to feeling "normal." The last 10 months feels like it took a lifetime, but I also find my myself asking, "Where did the time go?" It seems like we just blinked our eyes and Brianna is gone. I don't know if anyone can relate to this feeling, but certainly those who have had shared this journey with us can have some sense of the feeling I am trying to express.
We hope you view Brianna's video and others produced by "lilliesha" on www.youtube.com
Brianna's Tribute Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7V3ULFFJg

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

No comments: